Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Character reveal in after effects

I was revising some After Effects features over the Christmas break. This is not ideal yet but I believe will come in handy for the bigger feature (the documentary of Streetsport).

This was inspired with title sequences and ending credits from Guy Ritchie's movies. Starting from Snatch, then Rocknrolla and finally Sherlock Holmes.
 As I have just recently seen the Game of Shadows (which I thoroughly recommend, at least for the visual part) I decided to aim for an effect similar to the one seen at the end of the movie (either the first or the sequel, they are pretty much the same) which is a character reveal through the ink bleeds.
So I did find several tutorials on-line except the atmosphere of Sherlock Holmes (industrial, dirty London) did not quite match the one I am trying to associate the Streetsport with. Hence I replaced the old paper texture with the asphalt road and here it is.
I used the footage from the freestyle movie with Zahed which may be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment